Inpatient Hospital or Crisis Unit Admissions
Authorization for inpatient behavioral health admissions may be obtained by faxing pertinent clinical information to ABH Care Management Department at (850) 595-0258 or secure emailing the information to [email protected] by the first business day after admission. This information should include:
- Member demographic information,
- Initial admission assessments and plan of care,
- Involuntary commitment paperwork, if applicable.
ABH adheres to the following requirements for authorization request turn around times:
- Urgent concurrent – Within 2 calendar days,
- Urgent pre-service – Within 2 calendar days,
- Non-urgent pre-service – Within 7 calendar days,
- Post-service – Within 7 calendar days.
Authorization is not a guarantee of payment. Payment is dependent upon medical necessity for the level of care rendered, member benefit limitations, member eligibility at the time of service, and services being rendered by a provider who is registered with Florida Medicaid.